Amy Winehouse died after bingeing on vodka while watching YouTube videos of herself, a new inquest into her death has heard.
The second inquest into her death recorded a verdict of misadventure yesterday after confirming the singer's death was caused by alcohol.
The same verdict was recorded in October 2011 at the first inquest into her death, which was heard by a coroner who did not have the correct qualifications.
The new hearing was told the Back To Black star had more than five times the legal blood alcohol drink-drive limit when she died, having 416mg of alcohol per decilitre of blood in her system - the legal driving limit is 80mg.
She was found dead in bed at her flat in Camden, north London, on the afternoon of Saturday July 23, 2011.
The inquest heard the star had spent the night watching YouTube videos of herself with her live-in security guard, Andrew Morris.
"She had been drinking throughout the day, I'm unsure what time she started, she was drinking vodka," he said.
"At one point she came to my room and wanted to show me clips on YouTube of a Nigerian male she used to go out with.
"You could tell she'd had a few drinks, but she wasn't completely drunk. I've seen her drunk enough times in the past to know when she'd had too much."
Mr Morris told the inquest he heard Winehouse laughing as she watched videos of herself online into the early hours of the morning.
"In recent times I had never seen her watch clips of herself on YouTube before," he said.
Mr Morris said in a written statement he and the star had over time "developed a brother/sister relationship".
Speaking about the moment he realised she was dead, he said: "I was upset and shaken. She's like a sister to me."
St Pancras Coroner Dr Shirley Radcliffe said the star died from "alcohol toxicity", adding that it was "a level of alcohol commonly associated with fatality".
She said Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol" and added that "two empty vodka bottles were on the floor" beside her bed when her body was discovered.
In a written statement, Winehouse's GP, Dr Christina Romete, said: "She was genuinely unwilling to follow the advice of doctors, being someone who wanted to do things her own way."
Dr Romete saw Winehouse the night before she died.
Although the singer had been drinking, the GP said: "She specifically said she did not want to die."
The doctor's statement also revealed Winehouse's struggle with an eating disorder - which she spoke about shortly before her death.
"I visited Amy at home on 16 May and for the first time she admitted she made herself sick following food binges," Dr Romete said in her statement.
Detective Inspector Les Newman, who gave evidence in person, confirmed there were "no suspicious circumstances" in the singer's death.
Professor Michael Sheaff, a colleague of Suhail Baithun who carried out the post-mortem examination, also gave evidence in person and said: "Mr Baithun established the cause of death as alcohol toxicity."
He added: "It is likely Miss Winehouse had a respiratory arrest."
Sources: AAP, Daily Mail
Author: Fiona Willan with AAP