Twilight actress Ashley Greene's dog has reportedly died in a fire that destroyed her LA apartment today.
The 26-year-old, her boyfriend and her brother were sleeping when the fire broke out on a couch in the living room but they managed to escape with only minor injuries, TMZ reported.
The two men reportedly returned to the unit to try to save Greene's fox terriers, Marlo and Theo, but found the body of one of the dogs where it had been hiding under a bed.
The other dog is expected to be taken to Animal Control and its condition is unknown.
Earlier today, TMZ posted a mobile phone picture of Greene crying and holding what appeared to be the blanket-wrapped body of one of the dogs.
The West Hollywood Sheriff's office told E! Online a candle had started the fire.
A Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman said three people were treated at the scene and told they should go to hospital, but decided not to.
Greene, who played Alice Cullen in the Twilight series, often took Marlo with her to movie sets and has said it was like a child to her.
Source: TMZ, E! Online, New York Daily News
Author: Alexandra Pleffer, Approving editor: Nick Pearson